The Development Practitioners Network (DPN) is a non-profit organisation registered as a trust founded in 2013 to champion professionalism in the development sector in Zimbabwe and beyond. DPN is a network bringing together development practitioners, researchers, academia, development actors and students together. As a hub of development practitioners, we are endowed with a human resource base with the capacity to implement development-oriented projects and invaluable information on the development trajectory in Zimbabwe. The highly experienced and dedicated members of the network are the major driving force on the attainment of our goals and objectives.
We firmly believe the success of every profession rests on the ability of its members to identify themselves as a unique practice with its own ethical standards to abide by. We empower development practitioners with activities which are designed to promote the efficiency and effectiveness of development work in Zimbabwe. DPN is thus a platform amongst the development professionals that seeks to create an avenue to recognise, share experiences and celebrate achievement in the development profession.
Our main areas of focus
DPN is a zone of convergence where development practitioners interact, share and exchange ideas. To this end DPN organises seminars, speaker’s forums, study resources, the national convention and various workshops.
We specialise in capacity building areas for development professionals and within communities with a special focus on young people. Key training areas are Life and Soft Skills training, Career planning and development, Resilience and Life skills, Sexual reproductive health and Financial Literacy.
Research & Projects
DPN also implements projects and conducts research in a competent and accountable manner in partnership with various stakeholders within the network.
To promote professionalism in the development sector by harnessing the passion of development practitioners across Zimbabwe and beyond through a dynamic network.
To be the leading network, representing the interests of Development Practitioners by promoting professionalism, offering world-class sustainable development services and programs
- To create a platform for development practitioners to share best practices, ideas, innovations and solutions.
- Improve the participation of development practitioners in national policy formulation and implementation.
- Ensure the celebration of achievement and innovation in development work.
- To provide development training courses, run programs and conduct research with member practitioners and organizations.
- Provide a platform form for internship, industrial attachments, mentorship and work related opportunities for development practitioners.
- To develop and enforce the code of ethics for development practitioners
Finance and Admin Officer